now browsing by category
Today Online Degrees or Distance degrees are the hype. But the question is, are they valid to get a government job? The answer is yes! Degrees pursued through online or distance learning from any UGC-recognised university are considered valid. Moreover, Online degrees or Distance degrees are considered equivalent to traditional degrees. Hence, you can apply for government jobs without any hesitation. Also, it is valid if you are applying for government job entrances.
What Is An Online Degree or Distance Degree? Is It Valid To Get A Government Job?
Online degrees or distance degrees are courses where students need not be individually present. Further, it is a mode where students can attend classes online. And also, students will receive course materials by post.
Hence, it is the best choice for working professionals. Also, you only sometimes need a conventional degree to apply for a government job. Now, even online degrees are valid for government jobs.
Which Online Courses or Distance Courses should one Pursue Obtaining A Government Job?
The university from which you pursue the online degrees matters. It must be UGC (University Grants Commission) and DEB (Distance Education Bureau)- approved university. Notably, only by these approvals will the degrees from the open university in India be considered valid. Online courses like BA, B.Sc, B.Com, or BCA degrees are valid. For example, BBA, BA/B.Ed/MA/M.Sc and B.Sc in Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, Accounting, etc. Therefore, you can get government jobs after BBA online courses-like degrees.
What Are The Online/Distance Technical Courses Not Valid For Government Jobs?
Some online or distance learning degrees not valid for government jobs are.
- Engineering degrees like B.Tech
- Dental degrees like BDS
- A degree in hotel management or relative field.
- Any medicine, pharmacy, and nursing degree
- An online degree in culinary studies
- Online degree or course in the field of agriculture
Advantages Of Online Degree or Distance Degree Learning When Preparing For A Government Job
- Online learning degrees or distance learning degrees have many benefits. Firstly, it is a great option for people wishing to study in their city. Hence, in this way, they can get a degree. And apply for any government job as well.
- Most importantly, online degrees are beneficial for working professionals. Hence, they can pursue a degree without leaving their job. And apply for government jobs as well.
- Lastly, students can simultaneously prepare for government entrances while pursuing online degrees. This way, they have more time and appropriate guidance.
Some of the Top Universities Offering Online degrees and Distance Degrees in India are:
Jain University, Bangalore
Manipal University, Jaipur (MUJ)
Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU)
- Patil University
Let Shikshagurus Guide You In Choosing The Right Path
Are you planning to pursue online education? ShikshaGurus can help you with information about online learning and distance learning, open universities in India, and other online and distance education university choices. We have a team who will guide you toward the right career path. Right from great discounts on fees and selection of the best-fitted university, we help you with all. Shikshagurus help you with the right consultation and compare universities for you to make the best choice.
Overall, online degrees or distance degrees are considered valid degrees. And you can use them while applying for government jobs in India—just research which types of degrees are considered valid and which are not. Feel free to take counselling from ShikshaGurus for more insights!